Take Action and Fight Hunger
September is Hunger Action Month and we need your help to raise awareness about hunger in our community. Join the San Antonio Food Bank and our partner agencies as we “Go Orange” and take action to fight hunger.
Hunger is a reality for every one in six Americans. We all know and come into contact with people affected by hunger, even though we might not be aware of it. What does the face of hunger look like locally?
- 1 in 4 children and 1 in 5 adults have experienced food insecurity in the past 12 months
- More than 58,000 people in Southwest Texas rely on the San Antonio Food Bank on a weekly basis
- 14% of our clients are elderly
- 46% of the households we serve include at least one employed adult
We invite you to join the San Antonio Food Bank and Whataburger, our SA Goes Orange campaign presenting sponsor, this month as we mobilize our community to fight hunger.This is our opportunity to create a movement that will continue to make an impact far beyond the month of September.
- Donate! For every dollar donated to the San Antonio Food Bank, we are able to source 7 nutritious meals.
- Advocate! Send a personal postcard to your local elected officials asking that they support hunger fighting initiatives.
- Get Involved! Visit our SA Goes Orange website to see how you can get involved this September, either through attending an event, hosting a food drive or volunteering.
It is because of supporters like you that we are able to continue to do what we do – Fight Hunger and Feed Hope.